Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why we Love Snow

Every one I talk to in Monticello says they love the snow. So I decided to pay attention and see what it is they love about it. I decided it's because of it's beauty, and the more snow on the mountain the better. The snow is what makes Monticello so green during the summer months. the snow fills all three lakes on the mountain as well. Good fishing. I think, that, most of all they just want to have fun...

Check out this cool, home made sled.


Climbing and sliding down snow banks is tons of fun...

But jumping off into the snow below is even funner.

I'm pretty sure they had a soft landing. I was actually hoping they didn't get buried when they landed. LOL

This guy is really getting into it. This picture was taken in Blanding where they got tons of snow too.
It's amazing to me what the snow will make people do.









3 comments:

Texas Tingey said...

Wow! That is sooo crazy. I must say, I do not love the snow. Yes, it is beautiful. HOwever, I prefer to enjoy its beauty in pictures. So, thanks for sharing! Dave is going to be so buff by the end of winter:-)

Cassie Cruz said...

That top picture was so amazing! So beautiful. And that looks like so much fun! I dont like snow either, to live in. But it sure would be fun to have a day to play in it...

Walkers said...

Your white world looks like ours! LOL Love this winter! Gald I could be part of the snow storm of the century... and hope next year isn't worse!