Monday, January 30, 2012

Sunset in Tucson

The Sunset sky in Tucson marked the end of life on this earth for my husbands daddy, Ed Burt.
The fire in this stove kept the chill down from the cooling evening as we sat around talking about memories. My favorite memory of my father in law is listening to him talk to me on the phone about his stove and how he sits around it drinking beer with his friends. I loved hearing him talk about his garden, his chickens, and his mean as hell rooster.
My mother in law is a very stron woman with courage
and laughter during such sadness in her life.
This past week has been a very hard week for our family. Before my sweet father In law passed away I took this picture; the last kiss from his beloved wife. They were such a shining example of true love to me and losing him especially in such a sad way has been very hard for all.
We spent time with the family laughing and crying.
The love of my life with his mom, sister and brother and in the
photo below I am in the photo with them.
I was also able to see an old friend of mine from high school, Denisa who lives in Dublin Ireland. We all had breakfast together at a truck stop in Tucson. We had such a great time seeing Phyllis and John again too. I have really missed Phyllis since she moved from Monticello.
Me, Denisa, John, Val, her hubby, and their little daughter.
All in all, this post is dedicated to the life of my father in law, and the sweet memories I have of him. My prayers are with my husbands family, my husband, and may Ed Burt RIP.

No comments: