Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bon Voyage

Sometimes when you turn the pages to new chapters in our lives it can be joyful, yet sad in ways too. My good friend Phyllis and her husband are leaving for a while. Phyllis took me under her wing six years ago. She became a very dear friend despite the differences that we have had, and I'm going to miss her so much. I'm going to miss our tea parties, our Bible studies, and the prayers we prayed together. I'm going to miss going to lunch with her, and sitting in her living room with her, Dave, and John, drinking ice tea or hot tea, depending on the weather, having a good conversation. I'm going to miss listening to Johns stories, especially all his stories about Ireland. I am keeping them in my prayers and look forward to seeing them next summer. I am struggling with her leaving because she has been my only friend since I moved back to Blanding. But I know God always has a plan, and all will be well.

1 comment:

Texas Tingey said...

where are they going?? to ireland??